I was thinking about New Year’s Resolutions today, and how they pretty much set us all up for failure every year.
No wonder we all feel terrible about ourselves come January 1st. How can you feel accomplished or on top of your game after a two-month party bender?
An entire year gap is a long time to succeed and fail at a lot of things. I accomplished my New Year’s Resolution weight loss goal somewhere around March. But of course all of my progress will be inevitably become undone after the binge-eating, boozy holiday party season.
So this year i’m going to try something different: The ANTI-NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTION.
These resolutions start now- on this completely random date in November. Instead of hating myself AFTER the holidays, I am going to make goals for myself BEFORE the holidays.
Yeah- it’ll be super hard trying to accomplish these things in the cold winter months. But maybe when January 1st comes around, i’ll feel like less of a schmo.
Here are some of my anti-new year’s resolutions, to be started on this totally insignificant date:
- Sign Up for Stand-Up Comedy Class
- Hire someone to clean my house once a month
- Quit drinking for 21 days
- Choreograph a 3 Minute Aerial Performance
- Buy a plane ticket to Thailand
- Run or exercise 20 minutes a day, every day, until New Year’s
- Mediate for 10 Days in a Row
- Go 1 Week Without Watching Television
- Learn how to do a handstand
You could also use this as a last minute scramble to get $h!t DONE before the New Year hits the fan. We’re in the final stretch- let’s make our selves proud come January 1st.
What are your Anti-New Year’s Resolutions? What do you want to accomplish during these cold winter months?